Oregon Tilth Certified Organic’s :
(OTCO) mission is to support socially equitable and biologically sound food systems by focusing on conservation, policy, health and the marketplace.
We are honored to be affiliated with Earth Kosher who shares our philosophies concerning organic quality and protecting the planet. The majority of our herbs and spices are Kosher certified and Pareve by Earth Kosher. Inspections are performed throughout the year under the supervision of Earth Kosher Rabbis. These inspections include our facilities, processing and handling methods, product packaging and labeling, and point of origin for our kosher materials.”
United Plant Savers
United Plant Savers’ mission is to protect native medicinal plants of the United States and Canada and their native habitat while ensuring an abundant renewable supply of medicinal plants for generations to come.
USDA/National Organic Program
The USDA develops, implements and administers national production, handling and labeling standards for organic agricultural products. The USDA also accredits the certifying agents (foreign and domestic) who inspect organic production and handling operations to certify that they meet NOP standards.
American Herbal Products Association
Founded in 1982, The American Herbal Products Association is the oldest of the non-profit organizations that specializes in service to the herbal industry. It is the voice of the herbal products industry and the recognized leader in representing the botanical trade. With more than 280 members, AHPA’s membership represents the finest growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of botanical and herbal products.
(AHPA) represents the industry on many levels and:
- Is active in communication with key legislative allies—as well as critics—in the U.S. Congress.
- Maintains regular communication with the many federal regulatory agencies with jurisdiction over this industry, including the Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, and others.
- Maintains relationships with key scientists and organizations that conduct research on herbs and botanicals.
- Plays an active role with the various standards-setting organizations involved in the herbal trade.
- Is in constant communication with reporters and publishers in our quest to improve the quality of information about herbs and botanicals.